Outdoor Activities to Help You Reach Your New Year Goals
Spend Time Outside this Winter
January can be a tough month for people everywhere. Between the post-holiday letdown, cooler weather, and the immense pressure of trying to reach your New Year’s resolutions, you’re bound to get a bit down in the dumps.
Looking for a cure for those winter blues? You’ve found one: your outdoor environment. Fresh air is good for the mind, body and soul, and can do absolute wonders for your mood. For a list of inspired ideas to help you get motivated to head outdoors and start reaching your goals, read on below!
1. Walk Your Dog. Help your pup burn off some extra energy while you burn off those leftover holiday calories. The average 150-pound person burns approximately 200 calories an hour walking their dog. By going for regular walks, you’ll also be working to protect your lawn from common dog urine damage. Training Fido to do his business while on the go is a smart lawn care strategy on your part.
2. Go on a Picnic. Before you say “it’s too cold!”, brainstorm ways to keep warm – a thermos of hot cocoa or soup could be the perfect takealong on your winter picnic. A thick, warm blanket to sit on will also help keep you toasty.
3. Go for a Run. Regular exercise gets your heart pounding and causes your body to release chemicals called endorphins. These endorphins are guaranteed to improve your mood and put a smile on your face.
4. Ride Your Bike. Biking is the perfect outdoor activity for just about any time of year. Explore your neighborhood, venture out into your nearest city, take yourself antiquing, or simply ride out to the nearest coffee shop for a cup of joe. Anything to get you out of the house and breathing in some fresh air!
5. Fire Up the Grill. Your BBQ shouldn’t be confined to summers alone. Test out grillable recipes all year long. Not only is grilled cuisine generally healthier, but those precious minutes and hours spent outside can improve your outlook on life drastically.
Enjoy a healthier winter this year with a little bit of help from Mother Nature. Find ways to include outdoor entertainment in your everyday life and reach your New Year’s resolutions in the process.
Brought to you by Weed Man Greenville, SC: we care for your lawn. Contact us today at (864) 292-0700!